Friday, March 26, 2010

Well, this getting a new camera is taking a lot longer then I had hoped, so I figured I might as well start writing things on here, so here we go:)

There are days that I want to shout for joy when the kids are finally in bed, but I find myself too exhausted! They are a lot of fun, and I wouldn't want to trade anything with anyone, but if you have kids you know how it can take everything out of you and then some:)Needless to say, my kids have a lot of energy, and I wished I had even half of it... Guess I'll write about all three of them, starting with McCall.

McCall is in 3rd grade and is doing awesome. He is on a reading level that exceeds his 3rd grade requirements. He loves to read and especially when he and his dad read books together, like the Harry Potter series and now The Lightning Thief books. He is a typical 9 year old, who loves to hang out with his friends and occasionally finds time for the rest of his family. He laughs a lot and can find humor in almost anything, but he also knows when he needs to be serious. When he was first born I wondered how I would ever get along with a child that just never wanted to be a baby, but he has become such a joy in our lives, and I am so thankful that I get to be the mom to such an amazing young man.

Zane is a busy, busy 4 year old boy, who is very much wanting it to be his birthday today! Ever since we celebrated McCall's birthday in February, he has been asking if today is his big day. Zane has quite the imagination, and is very good at finding things to do. I'll be wondering why it's so quiet, and I'll find him sitting in his room or in Jake's room playing with some toys and making up stories about them. He loves to play with Jake(although there are days I would beg to differ)and when McCall is home he is his shadow, much to McCall's dismay. Having Zane at home is fun, and it'll be weird around here when he starts school. He is also not afraid of too many things, which makes it hard to be his parents at times.

Jake. What can I say about the youngest Davis boy? He is a little rascal that gets in to everything, and I mean everything! He is busy from the time he gets up in the morning, until he finally goes to sleep at night, thank goodness he still takes a nap:)He loves to go outside, and I have on occasion found him wandering out while I have been getting my hair dry or I'm in the basement doing laundry. He also loves to accompany me to the grocery store, because he knows he can ususally get a succor out of it. He is still in his crib, which makes it easier for me to sleep at night, so I don't have to have nightmares about him getting up and going for a midnight stroll. He has always been able to figure things out pretty fast, so let's hope that that rings true when we start potty training him in a little bit. You can always tell that he is watching your every move, so that he can mimick you when you are not watching.

My job as a stay at home mom has it's ups and downs, like everyone, but I love it. Getting a kiss for absolutely no reason at all, seeing when they figure things out on their own and hearing these incredible stories and adventures they go on each day, is just irreplaceable. I know I'll wake up one day and they'll be grown men with families of their own, and so, I will try and cherish this short time we have together.

I couldn't do this without my amazing husband, either. The love and support he shows each of us is great. He is a busy man. He is working full time and going to school full time, so right now we try not to demand too much of him. But just wait, you can't stay in school forever!!!hahaha. I love my family and my life and I am so grateful we can be together forever. Don't know how people raise their families in this crazy world without the gospel as their anchor.

Until next time, bye!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there- I found your blog in your info on facebook. Sounds like life is busy but good for you. So glad. I would love to catch up with you sometime. We are still in South Jordan so if you're ever out our way we should get together.

    ReplyDelete